Fire Extinguisher Recharging in Seattle & Northwest Washington
Fire extinguishers form a vital line of defense for any commercial business by providing trained employees with a means of combating and stopping smaller flames, or by taming larger fires in order to get to safety. However, extinguishers do not provide limitless use—fire extinguisher recharge should be an important part of your fire extinguisher inspection and maintenance routine.
Fire King of Seattle offers comprehensive fire extinguisher services including inspections, recharge, and repair. For over 35 years our fire safety business has been offering competent services and unparalleled customer service. Our top priority is to ensure your business remains code-compliant and safe.
If you are seeking fire extinguisher recharge in the Puget Sound area contact Fire King of Seattle. You can schedule recharge online, or feel free to call (206) 763-4177.
When Do I Need to Recharge a Fire Extinguisher?
Fire extinguishers rely on a very simple yet very precise equilibrium in order to operate correctly. If the cylinder has been tampered with or damaged, if you have missed an inspection, or if the extinguisher was discharged for any reason, the situation must be addressed immediately to avoid a failure when you need the extinguisher.
Fire extinguishers should be professionally recharged under any of the following conditions:
- Accidental discharge. If an extinguisher has been discharged at all, it must be recharged in order to be dependable. Any amount of chemical loss can impact an extinguisher’s function.
- Extinguisher use. If an extinguisher is used to combat a fire, it should always be recharged before it is returned to its normal location for further use.
- Periodic recharging is due. Even if an extinguisher hasn’t been used, it can lose charge over time. This process is exceptionally slow, meaning periodic recharge is only needed rarely. For most extinguisher types, scheduled recharge should take place every six years.
Professional Fire Extinguisher Recharge in Seattle & Tacoma
Fire King of Seattle is one of the largest providers of fire extinguisher services and cylinder testing services in Seattle, Tacoma, and the surrounding areas. Our world-class facilities and trained professionals can provide complete extinguisher recharging services, regardless of volume. Whether you need a single recharge for an accidentally discharged extinguisher or your facility’s extinguishers are due for their six-year inspection and recharge, count on our team for superior service.
Schedule Fire Extinguisher Recharge in the Greater Puget Sound Region
We are dedicated to providing clients with swift, precise, and comprehensive extinguisher services. The safety of your business and staff is of the utmost importance to us, which is why our services are geared toward keeping your extinguishers in pristine condition at all times.
For fire extinguisher recharge, contact Fire King of Seattle on the web, or call (206) 763-4177 to discuss your recharge or inspection needs with a professional!
Fire Extinguisher Recharging FAQs
Why do fire extinguishers need to be recharged?
Fire extinguishers must be regularly checked to ensure there is always enough extinguishing agent to control a fire in an emergency.
Do all fire extinguishers need to be recharged?
There are some fire extinguishers that are single-use. These ones are classified as non-rechargeable; once they are discharged, they need to be disposed of and replaced.
How often do fire extinguishers need to be inspected?
- Monthly checks – These can be completed by someone assigned to do so in your business
- Annual checks – These are completed by a certified fire protection equipment company
- 6-Year checks – These include a complete breakdown and internal inspection